The first Music Key workshops already took place on December 2015 and February 2016 where a total of 1700 schoolchildren participated. For many of those children this was their first encounter with classical music. More workshops are scheduled within the educational year 2015-2016 in other areas of the Island of Lesbos and in Athens. The programme is realised in cooperation with the Regional Directorate of Primary and Secondary Education in the North Aegean.
During the workshop
- Internationally acclaimed young interpreters visit the schools
- The schoolchildren have the opportunity to meet in person rising stars of the classical music scene
- These acclaimed young artists approach the history and the essence of music in an enthusiastic way and convey this enthusiasm to the young audience by explaining and interpreting live, works from the classical repertoire.
- The workshops are interactive urging the children to actively participate by asking and answering questions, drawing, making music or dancing.
- What makes this programme successful is the spontaneity and impulse the artists have, while talking about their personal experiences in the world of music and their high quality interpretations which speak directly to the heart of the young listeners.
- The students get a direct sense of the passion and the dedication musicians have in order to achieve their goals, and this can set an example for their own lives and aims.
- The teachers get the opportunity to view their students from another angle and spot in them unexpected interest and alternative ways of expressing their emotions.
Each workshop lasts between 45 and 60 minutes